Sunday, October 20, 2013

And So, It Begins...

Yeah... first snow. Time to put away the shorts and tees, get out the long sleeves and sweaters.
Crap! I hate this time of year. I'm not done with my pre-freeze activities. The motorcycle still has places to go and there's nowhere near enough miles on the new gravel bike. Still hope for some warm days though.
I remember it was the first week of November a few years ago when we found our neighbor Pete dead in his garage. It was about 70 degrees and sun. We were both prepping our respective houses for winter. Chatted a bit then he went about hammering the poly up around his basement windows. At some point the hammering stopped and his heart did as well.
Yeah... there's still hope for a good day and a long ride. If so, I think I'll call it the DeadPeter 100.
Crank on,
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment